Shari’a Audit and Islamic Financial Advisory
Founder & Managing Partner, Dr. Abdulbari Mashal, has more than 25 years of experience in Islamic financial institutions and Shari’a Supervisory Boards.
Raqaba was established in 2007 and it is a network of independent firms in Africa, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Raqaba’s Islamic advisory services in formation, transformation, and restructuting are inclusive business solutions.
Raqaba provides its services in accordance with the collective decisions of Islamic jurisprudence, Islamic financial standards of AAOIFI and IFSB, International standards of IFRS and ISA, and local regulatory frameworks. Also, we take in consideration best practices along with resolutions related to contemporary issues in the Islamic finance industry.
Islamic Financial Advisory
- Establishment of Islamic Financial Institutions
- Transformation of Conventional Financial Institutions to the Islamic Financial System
- Establishment of Islamic Windows in Conventional Institutions
- Development of Policies & Instruments of Islamic Social Finance
Shari’a Control Advisory
- Structuring financial products & Automated Systems
- Structuring Shari’a Governance
- Development of Policies & Procedures
- Development of Employee Manuals
Securities Exchange Advisory
- Structuring Sukuk
- Structuring Islamic REITs
- Zakat & Tatheer Calculation
- Compliant Stock Lists & Indices
Shari’a Audit & Assurance
- External & Internal Shari’a Audit
- Shari’a Accreditation of Product Structures and Automated Systems
- Shari’a Accreditation of Corporate Governance
- Accreditation of Policies & Procedures
Shari’a Supervisory Board (SSB)
- Formation of SSBs
- Executive Membership of the SSB
- Regular Membership of the SSB
- Secretary of the SSB
Professional Training & Certification
Raqaba is authorized to deliver professional training programs, diplomas, and master of the General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions, CIBAFI. Also, Raqaba provides other programs based on the needs of local markets.
Raqaba Indices Project consists of five indices: Raqaba Shariah Index, Raqaba CSR Index, Raqaba Financial Expectations Index , Raqaba Impact Investing Index, and Raqaba Maqasid Index
Our Senior Professionals
Raqaba team consists of Islamic finance professionals who stand out for their academic qualifications, professional certifications and career achievements, and work under the direct supervision of the managing partner.
Abdulbari Mashal, Ph.D.
Chair of Raqaba SSB | Founder & Managing Partner
- More than 25 years of experience in Shari’a Audit and Islamic Financial Advisory.
- Chairman & Member of SSBs for Islamic Banks & Financial Institutions.
- Board Member of AAOIFI Governance and Ethics Board (AGEB), Bahrain.
- Member of Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA), USA.
- Expert at the International Islamic Fiqh Academy, Jeddah, KSA.
- Arbitrator at the International Islamic Center for Reconciliation and Arbitration (IICRA).
- Corporate Governance Expert at the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), U.S. Chamber of Commerce, USA.
- Member of AAOIFI Shari’a Committees, Bahrain (2007-2010).
- Permanent Expert at the Shari’a Board for Supervision and Rating, CIBAFI, Bahrain (2009-2011).
- Ph.D. in Islamic Economics, Al-Imam Islamic University, KSA.
- Author of 14 textbooks and more than 60 research papers & 200 articles in Islamic finance.
Nizar Mashal, MBA
- Regional Director with experience in Islamic Financial Product Development, Impact Investing & Banking.
- MBA in Finance, Duke University, USA.
- Executive Professional Master in Islamic Finance, CIBAFI.
- BBA in Finance, American University of Kuwait.
- BA in Islamic Business Jurisprudence, Kuwait University.
- Assistant Manger in Islamic Finance Advisory & Shari’a Audit.
- Ph.D. candidate in Islamic Economics, Sabahattin Zaim Universitesi, Turkey.
- Master in Islamic Banking & Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia.
- Bachelor in Islamic Studies, King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia.